Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wedding Planning Envy


So, lately I've been feeling that pesky little green monster tapping on my shoulder

I'll admit it...I'm a bit jealous! Of all of you lucky brides who are getting married in the next few months. You are entrenched in the heart of planning. With the big day well within sight, you are crossing things off your list and DIY-ing your butts off.

Yet with our wedding almost 11 months away and many of our big decisions already made...I'm feeling stuck. While I feel past the point of gathering inspiration (I know what I'm looking for now) it feels way too early to begin all of my projects and securing all of the details.

After all, I don't want to do all of the fun stuff too early and then question my decisions over the next year. That being said, I realize that next Spring, I will be kicking myself for this very post.

Did any of have similar longing due to a longer engagement? When did you get started on your "fun" projects?


2 comments:

Erinn E. Ryan said...

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not getting married for 16 months and I already have my dress, venue and most likely our photographer down. Better yet, my best friend just got engaged and is getting married in less than a year. I guess I will make her let me help! :)

Maria said...

you girls are not alone! we have the dress, venue, church, photographer, videographer and band already. this 1.5 year engagement sounded good in theory. i just can't space it all out without the fear of thinking our favorite vendors would be booked. now there's nothing to do for a while!
looking forward to july 2010!

Technorati