Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Bridesmaid Dress Outing

I arrived home yesterday from a fantastic visit to Chicago. I was able to spend some quality time with my oldest and dearest girlfriends, many of whom I also asked to be bridesmaids. (P.S. They adored these, seriously so perfect tied around a mini-bottle of champagne).

I asked two of my girls to visit a few bridesmaid dress stores with me. I wanted them to be involved in the actual choosing of the dress, although I had a pretty strong idea of what I was looking for. We started at Bella Bridesmaids on Oak in Chicago. The store was cute albeit crowded with a couple of bridesmaid groups during our appointment. After trying on several designer collections (everything from Lela Rose to Simply Silhouettes), we found the dress.



The dress is from Coren Moore and the style is called Nolan. I wish that we had taken pictures but it somehow slipped my mind as I was gabbing and enjoying spending time with my girls. The dress was flattering on both body types and I had no problem imagining each one of my 8 ladies donning the frock. It is fitted at top with a slight sweetheart neckline and then a flirty skirt. It feels more cocktail dress than bridesmaid dress which I was digging.


All Photos from Coren Moore

As for the color, we saw it in the silver color above and I fell immediately but in looking through the different swatches, I think that the dark sage will be more fitting with our color and location (imagine it accented with apricot bouquets...swoon).

How did you find your bridesmaid dresses?

No comments:

Technorati