Saturday, October 3, 2009

Engaged And It Feels So Good


I know I have yet to tell the story of our engagement. I don't know why that is...I think it's partially because I'm bummed that there are not any pictures of the fantastic event and the story is so simple that it feels like it needs something! Regardless, it was one of the happiest days of our lives so it's worth telling with or without illustration.

M and I had been living together for a little over a year and while we had chatted about marriage, he went out of his way to ensure that I did not think it was happening anytime soon. One blustery March Friday evening, M and I were trying to figure out where to go for dinner after work. He was acting a bit strange and kept shooting down my request to go for greasy burgers in South Boston. We finally decided on Joe's at the Waterfront, which is one of our favorite restaurants perched right on Christopher Columbus Park at the Boston harbor. As we drove towards the restaurant, Beyonce's Single Ladies came on the radio, and if I remember correctly I waved my hand in front of M's face a number of times singing "If you like it than you should have put a ring on it". Little did I know...


Blurry iPhone Picture Courtesy of M

We arrived at the restaurant and started walking towards the door, when M took a slight detour right and steered me towards a park bench on the harbor. As we were walking he pulled a ring box out of his pocket and asked me to marry him. Everything that happened after that was a blur. I remember screaming and apparently asked him if he was joking a number of times before he finally asked me if I was going to say yes. We spent the rest of the night staring at my ring...staring at each other...calling our friends...and of course eating Joe's quesadillas for sustenance.

What's your proposal story? Were you as surprised as I was?

No comments:

Technorati