Friday, April 20, 2007

"A Rich Fantasy Life"- I am in Love


My dear little brother always gives me the most thoughtful gifts. Seriously there is probably no one else who knows me better than he does. This Christmas he surprised me as usual and bought me a subscription to Art News.



Okay. I'll admit it. My name is Hilary and I am addicted to Contemporary Art. It is a painful defect to have as once again this collecting hobby falls into an ever growing category of "Things I Will Never Afford".




Excuse the tangent and back to the point.




Art News brings the gallery hunting joy to my own apartment every month and you cannot beat that. (Well, that's not true...there is nothing better than sipping wine at an art opening aside from a fresh pair of CLs). This month I was delighted to see one of my favorite contemporary livin artists on the cover, Ryan McGinness. His clean abstract prints are breathtakingly modern and whimiscal at the same time.

I can only dream...



No comments:

Technorati