Monday, April 30, 2007

Smashbox Foundation Primer is My New BFF


Foundation Primer is a funny thing. For the longest time, I believed it was just another ploy by the all knowing Beauty mags to empty more money out of my ever diminishing bank account. Still, that did not stop me from buying my Laura Mercier primer and using it religiously despite barely noticing a difference between my made up face with or without.

My feelings have drastically changed and my skepticism dashed after trying a sample of the Smashbox Photo Finish that is all the rage in Allure and Elle. This primer is a clear gel that looks almost as though it would be goopy but rather it has a velvety texture when smoothed onto my freshly washed face and transforms my formerly uneven mug. According to Smashbox, the magic is in the grapeseed extract that soothes and protects skin and creates a perfect canvas for make up of all kinds.

I recommend that you all check it out. At least try a sample of it because I can almost guarantee you will be as pleasantly surprised as I was. And I am a supreme beauty product junkie who has become jaded by all their empty promises.

No comments:

Technorati