Saturday, July 18, 2009

Registry Bliss: Bloomingdale's


Wohoo! I was so super excited to register from the day we got engaged...I have been dreaming about having free reign in some of my favorite houseware stores. M and I decided to take our first dabble in registry bliss today. We headed over to Bloomingdale's in Chestnut Hill (can you believe there is not a Bloomie's in Boston?) this morning.

We started with our fine china and crystal stemware. I had a couple of patterns in my mind but I knew that some would be a bit too girly for M. We ended up deciding between a Kate Spade pattern and Lisette by Waterford. The Kate Spade pattern was simple with a funky navy polka dot accent plate. But I love the whimsy of the Lisette. Surprisingly I was able to convince M that was the china for us. So began our registry...


We moved on to crystal stemware and landed on something a bit more classic to balance the pattern of our china.



We choose two wine glasses from the Mondavi by Waterford collection and complimented the stemware with a cut pattern champagne flute and a standard wine goblet from the housewares section. We called it a day after those decisions...after all I didn't want to finish all the fun in one day!

Where did you register? Did you have a tough time making those decisions with your fiance?


No comments:

Technorati