Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vera Wang...Yes Please!




I have to gush for a minute. It is about Vera Wang and her lovely salon and employees on Newbury Street in Boston. I wish that I could go back every day and try on beautiful dresses and be gushed over by sweet and helpful women.

The dress hunt was a short one for me. I was in fact quite nervous to start looking for dresses...because you see I don't like being the center of attention. (Tell that to my soon to be 200 guests) My two best girlfriends were in town one weekend in early June and convinced me we had to go to a bridal salon...just for fun at least! We went to L'Elite on Newbury Street and were less than impressed by the snooty service. Still after trying on a number of dresses...I thought I found the one.



I thought it was the one when I tried it on and my girls starting crying. I loved the draping on the Reem Acra grecian dress and how it nipped my waist. But I couldn't get out of my mind that my mom was not there to see me try it on. Luckily, she was coming into town the next weekend and there just so happened to be a Vera Wang Trunk Show that same day.



(This is not the dress...I just thought it was a lovely picture)

My Vera experience was unbelievable. The space is elegant and you really feel like a bride. Everyone was so lovely especially my consultant Julie. Let me just say...when you find the dress...you don't just think you know. You Know! The first dress I tried on was it. All I'm going to say (because I'm superstitious) is it is from her 2010 collection and May/June 2010 brides will be among the first to wear the collection. It was surprisingly affordable...even more so than the Reem Acra which was from the 2005 collection.

My advice for all you brides on the dress hunt. Even if you don't think you can afford a designer dress or are not interested in a designer dress...set up an appointment at a studio just to try some on. If only for the experience.

No comments:

Technorati