Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Story of Us



After all of this wedding talk, I figured it was probably time to share the story of how it all came to be. M and I have been dating on and off since we were 18. (wow!) We met our freshman year in college and immediately clicked. Well...I was shy at first and thankfully he was persistent to the point that he kissed me for the first time in a frat basement when I had both hands occupied by red plastic cups filled with watery beer. (romance, anyone?)

We have spent the past 8 years more on than off but did spend some time apart when I was abroad in Florence and M was chugging along through his engineering degree in Boston. We ended up back together as we graduated college and continued long distance for two years as I worked in advertising in Chi-town (wah wah!) and M was in the ATL pursuing his masters in engineering. (I landed a smarty!) When M graduated we both decided to move back to Boston together after all 2 years apart was enough for us and we knew it was the real deal.

Back in Boston, we are still the same goofy couple who fell in luuuurve at 18 but enhanced by a grown up understanding of what it means to be with someone that is your confidante, best friend, and partner in life.




And then of course there is our lazy beagle who makes us both super happy...Edison.



No comments:

Technorati